The holiday season is one of the most highly anticipated times of the year. But with all the cooking, baking, cleaning, shopping, and party planning that goes hand in hand with the holidays, you’re likely to be busier than usual.
Taking care of yourself might fall to the bottom of your priority list, but you still want to look your best for all of those holiday parties. Unfortunately, our favorite hairstyles for holiday parties often require a special trip to the salon or hours at home to recreate. Who has time for that?
This year, we’ve rounded up 10 easy holiday hair ideas you can recreate at home with minimal fuss. From sleek ponytails to classic updos and easy half-up styles to romantic waves, these timeless hairstyles for holiday parties will have you looking stunning in no time.
Tips for Creating Holiday Hairstyles at Home
- Prep Your Hair with Hair Primer: Whether you’re starting your style with perfect loose curls or pin straight hair, prepping your hair with hair primer before you begin styling will help you achieve the look you’re going for in less time.
- Our Propolis Infused Polishing Primer provides workable hold to any style, while also reducing frizz, enhancing volume, and leaving the hair softer and less prone to damage. Apply it to damp or dry hair before styling, or use a tiny amount to smooth away flyaways when you’re going for a sleek ponytail or updo.
- Create Volume, Texture, and Heatless Waves with Texturizing Wave Spray: Our Propolis Infused Texturizing Wave Spray isn’t just for creating the perfect beachy wave. It can also be used to add body, texture, and volume to just about any hairstyle, from short to long.
- Mist our texturizing wave spray onto damp or dry hair and allow it to air dry or blow dry with a diffuser, scrunching to add lift and volume. Or apply it to towel-dried hair and sleep with your hair in braids or a bun overnight for heatless waves, the perfect start to many updos.
- Our texturizing wave spray can also be used at the end of your styling routine to add piecey texture. Or use it to add flexible hold to your curls without the stiffness or stickiness that can be an issue with a conventional flexible hold hairspray.
- Finish Your Style with Hair Oil: Dry, brittle, dull hair just isn’t cute, and it’s hard to style. Our Honey Infused Hair Oil is the ultimate multi-tasking product for adding extra shine and glow to special occasion hairstyles.
- Apply a few drops of honey hair oil as the finishing touch after you style your hair to smooth, soften, tame frizz, and add shine. Or, apply it before air drying or blow drying hair to infuse the hair with moisture and radiant shine.
- Frame Your Face: When creating an updo or ponytail hairstyle, consider leaving out side-swept bangs or even just some random pieces to frame your face. Unless you’re going for a slicked-back look, a few face-framing pieces can really soften the style and create an elegant, yet tousled look. Negin’s favorite way to add a little texture is by using her fingers to distribute some Texturizing Wave Spray through the front pieces of her hair.
10 Easy Holiday Hair Ideas
These easy holiday hair ideas can be achieved at home with minimal fuss. They’re also elegant and timeless hairstyles that are perfect for any special occasion, from an office Christmas party to a New Year celebration, and everything in between.
The Bubble Ponytail is an extremely versatile holiday hair idea for anyone with medium to long hair. It works well on straight, curly, or wavy hair and you can make your straight back sleek or part it according to your preference.
Prep your damp hair with hair primer and allow it to dry naturally for added texture, or blow dry it straight, according to your preference. Pull your hair into a high ponytail and secure it with a festive hair tie or scrunchie. Add additional hair ties moving down the length of your hair, spaced about three inches apart. Now tug on each section to add volume and create a “bubble” effect.
Voluminous Curly High Pony
If you’ve got naturally curly hair, a voluminous curly high ponytail is the perfect go-to hairstyle for the holiday season. Start by enhancing your natural curls with our Propolis Infused Texturizing Wave spray.
Now, gather the top half of your hair into a super high ponytail with a clear elastic. Then, gather the rest of your hair into a ponytail just below the first one. If your hair is straight, add curls to your ponytails using a curling tool. Finish the style by hiding the elastic at the top of your head with a ribbon, bow, or festive hair accessory.
Elegant Ponytail Updo
This elegant holiday hairstyle is kind of like a hybrid between a ponytail and an updo. It’s perfect for those times when you want something fancy that will last all night and doesn’t require bobby pins.
To pull it off, pull the top section of your hair into a half-up ponytail, securing it at the top of your head with a clear elastic band. Hide the band with a small section of hair, tucking the ends into the band to secure it in place.
Now, gather the rest of your hair and the hair from your first ponytail into a low ponytail at the nape of your neck. Gently loosen sections of the ponytail to add volume and give it a tousled look. Tie a pretty ribbon around the ponytail to hide the elastic band and you’re done.
Easy Half-Up Holiday Hair Do
Half-up hairdos are an excellent compromise for those who love to wear their hair down but don’t want it in their face. This easy half-up holiday hairdo can be pulled off in two minutes or less with a little practice, and it’s perfect for straight, wavy, or curly medium to long hair.
Simply take an equal section from each side of your face, right above your ears, twist it, and secure it with an elastic band. Now pull the sections back and secure them together with a single elastic band. Remove the elastics from the end of each section, loosen the hair at your crown, and add a festive bow or hair accessory to cover the band.
Sleek High Ponytail
You can’t go wrong with a sleek, high ponytail for just about any holiday occasion, and this style couldn’t be easier to create at home. Apply a few drops of honey hair oil to the lengths of your hair, brush it into a smooth, high ponytail, and secure it with an elastic. Wrap a small section of hair around the base of the pony to conceal the band and secure it with a bobby pin. Tame any baby hairs and flyaways by adding a pea-sized amount of polishing primer to a toothbrush or spoolie and gently brushing down the hair.
Classic Topknot Bun
You don’t have to be a ballerina to wear a beautiful, classic topknot bun. This look is polished and can go from the office to any holiday occasion. To achieve the look, start by pulling your hair into a high ponytail and securing it with an elastic band.
Wrap your hair loosely around the ponytail, securing it into a loose topknot with bobby pins as you go. Spritz with texturizing spray and pull out small pieces around your head to create a looser, textured look. Add a festive bow and you’re ready for any holiday party.
French Braided Bun
If you don’t already know how to French braid your hair, it’s worth taking the time to learn because it’s an easy starting point for many versatile hairstyles. To create a French braided bun, start by tying a long skinny scarf into the center section of your braid at the top of your crown.
French braid as you normally would, incorporating the tails of the scarf into the two side sections. When you reach the end of your braid, use the tails of the scarf to wrap your hair into a low bun, adding bobby pins as needed to secure the bun at the nape of your neck. Add extra texture, volume, and hold with our Propolis Infused Texturizing Wave Spray.
Textured Low Bun
It doesn’t get much easier than an elegant, textured low bun. Simply brush your second-day hair into a smooth, low ponytail. Twist your hair into a bun at the nape of your neck and secure it with an elastic band.
Spritz your hair with Texturizing Wave Spray and pull out small pieces to add volume and texture. Add a festive hairband or a few pearl hair accessories for an extra spirited look.
Half-Up Bubble Ponytail
The Bubbly Half-Up Ponytail is the perfect holiday hairstyle because it provides lots of opportunities to add pretty hair accessories. It works beautifully on medium to long hair, from straight to curly.
To pull it off, simply pull your hair into a half-up ponytail at the top of your head with a clear elastic. Working your way down the ponytail, add another elastic every 3 - 4 inches. Tug at each section to add volume and create a bubble look. Now, add your favorite holiday hair accessories to cover the elastics, such as barrettes, bows, or ribbons.
Retro waves are classic, timeless, and elegant. They can be left down, accessorized with a headband, pulled into a ponytail or updo, or secured on one side with a barrette or bobby pins and a holiday hair accessory.
All you need to do is curl your hair with a large barrel curling iron. Once your hair is completely cool, apply a few drops of hair oil and brush through gently with a natural bristle brush to loosen the curls into smooth, loose retro waves. Style and accessorize as desired.
The Perfect Finishing Touch
Gisou Honey Infused Hair Perfume provides the perfect finishing touch for every day and holiday hairstyles. Use it as the final step in your styling routine to leave a trail of delicious floral notes wherever you go and give your hair an extra boost of moisture and shine. Now available in our signature Gisou fragrance and the limited edition Honey Infused Hair Perfume - Floral Edition!