SENIOR PRODUCT & RETAIL DESIGNER
Gisou by Negin Mirsalehi is a luxury haircare line by famous Dutch & Persian fashion influencer, Negin Mirsalehi. Founded in 2015, the brand has deep roots and a wonderful story of the coming together of family traditions. The signature ingredients within these staple products are honey and propolis, derived from the Mirsalehi Bee Garden where Negin and her father continue the 6-generation family tradition of beekeeping. Using nature's gifts Negin’s mother created a formula to transform hair which is rich in minerals, vitamins and antioxidants.
The mission of Gisou is to inspire people to appreciate and take care of their hair using nature-based products, and to feel beautiful while doing so. With their story they want to raise awareness about the importance of bees for the overall ecosystem, and shine a light on the incredible benefits of what they produce.
Gisou is currently available on and offline in over 30 countries, and continues to expand rapidly internationally.
ABOUT THE ROLE
At Gisou, exciting times are ahead. As a fast-growing company we are ready to take on more projects that we are very enthusiastic about. To make those projects happen, we are looking for the support of an experienced Senior Product & Retail Designer. The Senior Product & Retail Designer will be responsible for managing a small team of designers and hands-on product focused product, packaging and graphic design tasks, in close collaboration with our creative and product development decision makers.
- Manage concepting, design, and realisation of (creative) product designs that will strengthen Gisou’s brand portfolio
- You will create distinctive product-, packaging- and graphic concepts and are able to translate those concepts into state-of-the art designs. You will add depth to shapes, colors and graphics level up the brands visual identity
- Guard and apply the Gisou brand identity to designs, while you are not afraid of showing your own progressive and innovative vision in your proposals
- Be responsible for a wide range of work - from maintaining Gisou’s brand identity, concepting, product and packaging design, to retail and experiential concepts, and also production of all those deliverables.
- Lead and manage discussions between the design team and the product development team
- Work closely with the New Product Development team
- Be able to anticipate between deadlines and the highest attainable
- Always be focused on sustainable product designs but without compromising on look, feel, quality and brand identity
- Create briefings for internal approvals on product designs, 3D design, 2D design, and typography skills
- Create briefings giving feedback and input during planning and strategy meetings.
- Manage and provide guidance and coordinate information with external production parties such as printing companies and material suppliers. You will consequently visit these parties to do production checks.
- Oversee the design team and maintain the workflow where team members are working smoothly together
- Inspire yourself and fellow team members with latest trends, industry knowledge, and your personal vision on the graphic and product-design industry
- 5+ years of professional design experience, with print and product development background, preferably in beauty, fashion or a similar innovative, high-energy field
- Experience in managing a team with proven ability to build, mentor, and motivate team members
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment
- You are highly creative, proactive, and with a great eye for details
- Great communication and storytelling skills, both verbal, visual and written
- Expertise with design tools, including Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign Adobe Photoshop, Abode Substance 3D Stager and related 3D modeling programs.
- A good understanding of product design principles
- Knowledge of the new product development workflow
- Project management and organization skills
- Strong portfolio showing the breadth of product, packaging and graphic design capabilities.
WHAT WE OFFER
The opportunity to be part of a young, fun and dynamic team, with a pleasant informal & international working atmosphere and regular fun team activities and drinks. We offer Onefit membership to all our employees and provide free lunch (post COVID). Gisou is a fast growing and disruptive beauty company that offers huge opportunities for personal development and growth.